Trees are wearing beautiful red and ocher colors, and despite the actual temperatures, it’s definitely autumn time!
As walnuts are back on markets stalls, this is the perfect occasion to dug out the walnuts and salted caramel tart, that if it is a caloric bomb, even so a tasty explosion.
After all, we need to get prepared for winter, and sometimes, it’s so good to indulge ourselves.
This tart is just a pure bliss. I add some nuts ganache for a softness taste and use my almond pastry, but of course, you can use any sweet shortcrust pastry you like.
Be careful when you prepare the caramel, cook it until lightly browned to avoid a bitter taste.
To be served with a cup of tea or coffee! This tart is perfect for a snack and lazy Sundays.
Salted caramel and walnuts tart
This tart is just a pure bliss. I add some nuts ganache for a softness taste and use my almond pastry
, but of course, you can use any sweet shortcrust pastry you like.
- 1 sweet shortcrust pastry
- 150gr walnuts kernels
- 2 eggs
- 100gr hazelnut powder
- 100gr icing sugar
- 60gr butter
- 10cl cream
- 125gr sugar
- 25gr half salted butter
- A bit of water
- Pre heat oven at 180°C
- Put the dough into the pie dish. Prick the base of the tart with a fork then fill with dried
- beans to ensure that the pastry doesn't rise during cooking, then place in the oven for 30 minutes. Then let it cool and set aside.
- Melt the butter. Whip the eggs; add sugar and melted butter whilst continuing whipping then add the hazelnut powder.
- Let it cool in the fridge.
- Heat the cream then set aside. Place the sugar and water over high heat.
- Cook into a light caramel (not to browned, be careful), then add butter. Mix the preparation and add the cream. (Attention: splashes can occur.) Continue to mix then remove from the heat. Let it cool down.
- Garnish the pastry with hazelnut ganache, sprinkle with walnuts, and cover with caramel.
- Place in the fridge for about 1 hour before serving.
Pop & Soda http://www.popandsoda.com/blog/
Stay nearby, I’ll come back soon with decor posts and surprises.