Even if I’m not a real vegan (and it’s not for lack of trying, but I’m weak, and used to give up at barbecue temptation), I like to grant myself some meals without meat sometimes. This in order to cook something healthy, or to redeem a fast food week. Yes, eating crap happens to the best of us!
As soon as I have a bit of time to spend in the kitchen, I buy tons of veggies and I prepare some little healthy plasures.
The interest of Soba noodle is that they are made of Buckweat flour, which means without gluten, and delicious, with a strong, nutty flavor.
To add a little bit of Japan in my recipe, I put some Wakame seaweed, wich give in each salad or preparation this specific flavor that you can retrieve in Miso soups. You can find Wakame seaweed in most Japanese or asian shop.
In this recipe, the veggies list is not exhaustive. You can adapt it as you like, depending of the vegetables that you can find.
I like to add kale cabbage, broccoli or sugar snap peas…
- 50g Soba noodles
- 1/2 shallot
- 1 spring onion
- 4 Shiitake mushrooms
- 5 ou 6 green asparagus
- 5 ou 6 radish
- 100g fresh tofu
- 1 small carrot
- 4 tablespoon sprouting seeds
- 1 tablespoon Wakame seaweed
- 1 tablespoon black sesame seed
- 2 tablespoon Pumpkin seeds
- Some coriander
- Soya sauce
- Sesame Oil
- Rice vinegar
- Boil Soba noodles for about 5 mintes. When noodles are ready drain and rinse under cold water, then soak in cold water. Soak Wakame seaweed in hot water for 2 minutes.
- Wash vegetables. Slice shallot and spring onions.
- Mix together two tablesppon of soya sauce with 1 tablespoon of rice vinegar, 1 teaspoon honey and 2 tablespoon of sesame oil.
- Add shallot and spring onions and set aside.
- Slice the mushrooms and the asparagus lengthwise. Peel carrot and finely grate it. Slice radish finely. Cut coriander.
- Heat the sesame oil in a saucepan and stir in the mushrooms and asparagus for about 3 / 5 minutes until golden. Then set aside on absorbent paper towels.
- Stir tofu the same way, then cut in cubes and set aside as well.
- In a large bowl, mix together vegetables, seeds, tofu and sason with soya mix and finally the coriander. Bon appétit !