Well yes, I know, probably that the women’s press is already talking about weight-loss regimes in oder to become-the-most-beautiful-this-summer-on-the-beach, and me, in the meantime, I’m just tempting you with tons of chocolate.
Buuuuut, you know, it’s still cold outside, ths sun is shy and I have a great excuse: it’s almost Easter time, and you’ll stuff yourself with chocolate eggs anyway. (Notice how good I am at removing the feeling of guilt. Especially when it’s about sweets.)
With those pancakes, at the first bite, any man will be on board with you for breakfast (except in an hangover case, just avoid pancakes actually).
Those pancakes are not so thick and are fluffy as hell, just ready to absorb liters of Maple Syrup and a touch of acidity provided by the pomegranate.
And because I’m nice, I’m posting this just before the week-end, like that you have all the time needed to make those pancakes.
It’s all about sweetness after all!
Chocolate pancakes & pomegranate
- 4 eggs
- 30g butter
- 80g sugar
- 25g black chocolate
- 40gr cocoa powder
- 250g flour
- 1 baking powder yeast
- a pinch of salt
- 30mml milk
- 1/2 pomegranate
- Maple Syrup
- In a double boiler, melt the chocolate and butter.
- Separate the egg yolks from the egg whites and beat the whites until stiff
- Sift flour and cocoa powder together with salt, baking powder and sugar.
- Melt the milk to the flour and mix with a whisk
- Add the egg whites and continue to mix the preparation.
- Remove chocolate mixture from the double boiler and the egg yolks, mix together quickly, then add it to the flour / milk while whisking constantly
- Lorsque le chocolat et le beurre ont fondu, ajoutez les jaunes d'oeufs et mélangez rapidement, puis ajoutez le au mélange farine / lait tout en fouettant l'appareil until the mixture is smooth.
- Let rest 10/30 min.
- In the meantime, peel the pomegranate
- Heat griddle over medium heat until hot. For each pancake, pour scant 1/4 cup batter into griddle. Cook 1-2 minutes or until batter is set around edges and aarefully turn over pancake
- Serve hot with the pomegranate and maple Syrup!
Pop & Soda https://www.popandsoda.com/blog/