Like every early winter , I’m preparing myself to face the cold weather with a vitamins cure and a series of veggies soups that I prepare in large quantities, and freeze. Then when I feel lazy (or when I’m really not in a cooking mood), I just have to heat the soup and that’s it. Did I already told you that I’m a lazybone? Well, during winter time it’s getting worse!
This recipe, even heated is really delicious. As a starter or main-course, for the small hungers or just to get warm!
I like it when it’s creamy: for that I add a potato to the preparation, but this is optional. If you don’t, just reduce the amount of water.
You can also replace the cream by some coconut milk for a sweetest taste which goes well with carrots.
Carrots soup with Boursin Cheese
- 1 potato
- 1 onion
- 1 bunch carrots
- 1,5 l of vegetables stock
- 20gr butter
- 10cl cream
- 1 tablespoon Boursin
- 1 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 1 pinch Paprika
- salt and pepper
- Peel the carrots and slice in rings. Peel the onion and the potato and chop coarsely.
- In a saucepan, sauté the onions in the butter until caramelized. Add the carrots and the caraway. Cook for about 5 min wile melting.
- Add the potato and the stock, season with salt and pepper, then stir and simmer covered on low heat for 40 minutes.
- Mix the soup and add the cream. Let it cook for about 5 min on high heat wile melting.
- Serve hot with Boursin and dust with Paprika.
Pop & Soda https://www.popandsoda.com/blog/